Santiago de Cuba, February 24 (RHC)-- Cubans commemorated Wednesday the 121st anniversary of the resumption of the country's independence struggle on February 24th, 1895.
Residents of the municipality of Baire, located in today's Santiago de Cuba province, paid tribute to Cuban martyrs and heroes who participated in the historic event, which has gone down in Cuba in History as the 'Grito de Baire.'
Activities included a political-cultural gala and a pilgrimage to the local cemetery, where the heroes' remains are kept.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1045
- online: 112
- total: 6778686