Havana, February 27 (RHC)-- Cuba celebrates this year the 40th anniversary of the foundation of the National Assembly of People's Power, the Cuban Parliament.
Tubal Páez, head of the communications team for the National Assembly of People's Power, said that this institution stands for every Cuban and has a deep rooted history. He noted that there will be homages to the founders of the Cuban parliament and conferences, as continuity of our own democratic style.
Páez said that Cuba's democracy, which dates back the days of our wars for independence from Spain, has plenty to show the world; it has never been frozen in time and works non-stop in pursuit of a better future for the country.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 2772
- online: 96
- total: 4380758