Havana, February 29 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) is here in Havana, participating in a meeting of subregional representatives of the organization to debate the current epidemiological situation in the Americas and national programs to combat Zika virus.
The event, which runs through Friday, includes a conference by Cuban Health Minister Roberto Morales on the main advances and challenges of Cuba's health system.
Cristian Morales, Representative in Cuba of the Pan-American Health Organization/World Health Organization(PAHO/WHO), said that the aim of the Havana meeting is to boost the countries' capabilities to respond to the current health emergency in a coordinated manner.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 259
- online: 110
- total: 5944025