Havana, February 29 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) is here in Havana, participating in a meeting of subregional representatives of the organization to debate the current epidemiological situation in the Americas and national programs to combat Zika virus.
The event, which runs through Friday, includes a conference by Cuban Health Minister Roberto Morales on the main advances and challenges of Cuba's health system.
Cristian Morales, Representative in Cuba of the Pan-American Health Organization/World Health Organization(PAHO/WHO), said that the aim of the Havana meeting is to boost the countries' capabilities to respond to the current health emergency in a coordinated manner.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 2245
- online: 133
- total: 4475925