Havana, February 29 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) is here in Havana, participating in a meeting of subregional representatives of the organization to debate the current epidemiological situation in the Americas and national programs to combat Zika virus.
The event, which runs through Friday, includes a conference by Cuban Health Minister Roberto Morales on the main advances and challenges of Cuba's health system.
Cristian Morales, Representative in Cuba of the Pan-American Health Organization/World Health Organization(PAHO/WHO), said that the aim of the Havana meeting is to boost the countries' capabilities to respond to the current health emergency in a coordinated manner.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 2378
- online: 176
- total: 6668374