Havana, February 29 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) is here in Havana, participating in a meeting of subregional representatives of the organization to debate the current epidemiological situation in the Americas and national programs to combat Zika virus.
The event, which runs through Friday, includes a conference by Cuban Health Minister Roberto Morales on the main advances and challenges of Cuba's health system.
Cristian Morales, Representative in Cuba of the Pan-American Health Organization/World Health Organization(PAHO/WHO), said that the aim of the Havana meeting is to boost the countries' capabilities to respond to the current health emergency in a coordinated manner.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 2496
- online: 152
- total: 4837149