Havana, February 29 (RHC-Granma)-- The 7th Congress of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC) will be held April 16th through the 18th with the participation of one thousand delegates, representing all provinces.
An editorial in Monday's edition of Granma newspaper revealed that guaranteeing greater representation of all Communist Party base organizations around the country and ensuring that participants reflect the areas from which they come, were key considerations during the election of delegates to the organization's most important event.
Regarding the elected congress delegates, although all spheres are represented – including the self-employment field - the agricultural sector dominates with an emphasis on members who can contribute more to debates given their knowledge and experience.
The PCC congress will review the implementation of the Economic and Social Guidelines agreed upon at the organization's 6th congress, as well as the objectives approved in the PCC's First National Conference, among them the work with young people, and the fight against subversive acts and other negative tendencies, like corruption, crime and social indiscipline.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3235
- today: 737
- online: 98
- total: 5424948