Havana, Mar 2 (RHC)-- On Wednesday, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia-People's Army (FARC-EP) and the government of President Juan Manuel Santos resumed peace negotiations here in Havana to work on pending topics.
Among the most outstanding matters lie the bilateral cease-fire, handing in the firearms, the demobilization of guerrilla ranks and their re-integration into society once the over 50-year old conflict comes to an end.
Another incomplete item on the agenda of the negotiations is establishing a mechanism to let the people express their feelings with the agreements in Havana. The government proposes a referendum while FARC wants a National Constituency Assembly.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 2270
- online: 112
- total: 4945114