Havana, March 3 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) has praised Cuba's national campaign against the Zika virus and its main vector –the aedes aegypty mosquito. She commended particularly the strict surveillance measures adopted by Cuban authorities and the active participation of the population in communities across the country.
On Wednesday, the PAHO official participated in a meeting here in Havana to assess the results of the campaign thus far. Participants included authorities of the Cuban Health Ministry, the Revolutionary Armed Forces, Civil Defense Officials and leaders of social and grassroots organizations.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1343
- online: 117
- total: 5957959