Havana, March 3 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) has praised Cuba's national campaign against the Zika virus and its main vector –the aedes aegypty mosquito. She commended particularly the strict surveillance measures adopted by Cuban authorities and the active participation of the population in communities across the country.
On Wednesday, the PAHO official participated in a meeting here in Havana to assess the results of the campaign thus far. Participants included authorities of the Cuban Health Ministry, the Revolutionary Armed Forces, Civil Defense Officials and leaders of social and grassroots organizations.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 22
- RHC's IMPERIALISM AND REVOLUTION August 22
- RHC's national and international news stories August 21
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 21
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3721
- today: 2027
- online: 157
- total: 6277701