Havana, March 4 (RHC-PL) -- The state financial resources for geological research in Cuba will grow by 44 percent this year in order to respond to important social and productive needs.
Priorities include studies on the movements of the earth's crust related to seismic activity, the director of Geology for the Ministry of Energy and Mines, Enrique Castellanos told reporters.
The recent telluric events in the eastern province of Santiago de Cuba allow people to understand the importance of the issue, said the specialist.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 2536
- online: 138
- total: 4930239