Federica Mogherini, EU High Representative
Havana, March 4 (RHC)-- Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, will visit Cuba March 10th and 11th to reportedly give a boost to ongoing efforts towards a Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement between the EU and Cuba.
Cuban Deputy Foreign Minister Abelardo Moreno announced the visit Thursday in the context of the 7th round of EU-Cuba negotiations. He described Mogherini's upcoming visit -- her second to Cuba -- as transcendental in the current circumstances.
The High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy first visited Cuba in March 2015. On that occasion, she and Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez agreed to speed up the negotiations process towards signing an EU-Cuba framework agreement before the end of 2016.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2791
- today: 2691
- online: 146
- total: 5559471