Cuban Foreign Minister and U.S. Secretary of State Speak on the Phone about President Obama's Upcoming Visit
Havana, March 5 (RHC)-- On Friday, Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, spoke on the telephone about President Barack Obama's upcoming visit to Cuba on March 21st and 22nd.
U.S. State department spokesman John Kirby, told a press conference in Washington that Rodríguez and Kerry confirmed their governments' commitment towards making Obama's visit a success. The two officials described as very positive the ongoing process to normalize bilateral ties.
Kirby added that although Kerry had said he would visit Cuba ahead of Obama's trip, the secretary of state has been forced to change his plans due to work commitments.
The U.S. State department spokesman said that Secretary Kerry hopes to accompany President Obama on his historic visit to Cuba.
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2877
- today: 2457
- online: 160
- total: 5852751