Quito, December 14 (RHC).--- The 18th World Festival of Youths and Students closed its doors in Ecuador after participants stressed their commitment to keep fighting against imperialism and defending world peace.
The 300-strong Cuban delegation took part in over 14 conferences focusing on peace, youth employment, free education and health care, wars, Latin American integration, and other issues such as the situation in the Middle East, an area under constant imperialist attacks.
“We have had very emotional meetings in which we have received messages of solidarity, said Yuniasky Crespo Baquero, first secretary of the Cuban Young Communist League. She said that every place they visited, youths from other countries expressed their support of Cuba against the US blockade and for the release of the anti-terrorist fighters held in US prisons since 1998.
Crespo Baquero said that Cuba continues to be an example for the people of the world. “We brought the message of Cuba to Quito, amidst the social and economic update underway in Cuba, which is a process full of hopes.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 2827
- online: 131
- total: 4373152