Havana, March 18 (PL-RHC) "The Rolling Stones concert in Cuba was the idea of the whole band, which began to get things ready more than six months ago," said the group's publicist, Bernard Doherty.
Doherty transmitted the expectations of tha band for its first live concert in Havana on March 25, on the grounds of the Sport City at 8:30 p.m. local time.
"Charlie (Watts), Ronnie (Ron Woods), Keith (Richards) and Mick (Jagger), really want to play in Cuba," added the executive of the LD Communications agency , which represents artists such as Tina Turner and the rock band AC / DC.
Doherty said the excellent mood of the group and their desire to give "a spectacular show in Havana after a wonderful appearance in Mexico on Monday."
According to international media, this will be the first presentation of a British group of such kind in the country and so far only concert of the Rolling Stones in the Caribbean.
The singer of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, visited Havana last October and exchanged with local musicians, toured the Historical Center and got into local nightlife of the island.
In his account of the social network Twitter, the singer said that "this show in Havana will be a benchmark for us, and we hope it is the same to all our friends in Cuba".
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 2263
- online: 114
- total: 4844400