Havana, March 19 (RHC)-- President Raúl Castro presented his Venezuelan counterpart Nicolás Maduro with the Jose Marti Order, the highest decoration given by the Cuban Government to heads of state and other personalities with a distinguished record in the defense of human rights and people's wellbeing. The ceremony was held Friday at the Palace of the Revolution.
After thanking the Cuban Government, president Nicolas Maduro dedicated his award to the heroic people of Venezuela that do not surrender but face all kinds of non conventional warfare.
In his speech, president Maduro recalled the historical bond of respect and solidarity between Cuba and Venezuela, and reconfirmed his relationship with Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez, founders of a new era of wellbeing, dignity and respect for Latino American peoples.
The head of state of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, also referred to the strategic cooperation between both nations, that he called “sisters in the practice of love and solidarity”.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 29, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 28, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6057
- today: 4188
- online: 169
- total: 8252818