Havana, March 21 (RHC)-- Visiting U.S. President Barack Obama paid tribute on Monday to Cuban national hero José Martí. Obama placed a wreath at the mausoleum built in Martí's honor at Havana's Revolution Square.
After touring the José Martí Memorial, Obama wrote his impressions in the visitor's book.
Following the tribute to Martí, President Obama was officially received at the Palace of the Revolution by President Raúl Castro. At the time this report was issued, the two leaders were holding official talks, after which they are scheduled to offer statements to the accredited press.
Also on Monday, the U.S. president is scheduled to attend a business forum with the participation of Cuban and U.S. entrepreneurs.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3877
- online: 200
- total: 3856701