Havana, March 24 (RHC-Agencias)-- Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine and Commissioner Ricky Arriola have said that, unlike their Miami counterparts, they’d welcome Cuban diplomats in their city.
Arriola and Levine met here in Havana on Wednesday with Gustavo Machín, Deputy Director General for the United States at the Cuban FM.
They said a possible solution would be to place the Cuban consulate in Miami-Dade County.
“It belongs in Miami-Dade County,” Arriola said, adding: “It needs to go where they’re going to serve the greatest number of people. Miami-Dade has by far the greatest number of Cubans in the country. The demand is going to be very high.”
- RHC's Interview with Self-Employed Cubans
- RHC's Weekly Feature 'The Real Story'
- Presidents of Cuba and Ireland Meet in Havana, Confirm Potential for Cooperation
- RHC's Interview with Veteran Cuban Diplomat Carlos Alzugaray
- RHC's Mailbag Show (February 15, 2017)
- RHC's Arts Roundup (February 15, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3494
- today: 2437
- online: 123
- total: 2759988