Havana, March 24 (RHC-Agencias)-- Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine and Commissioner Ricky Arriola have said that, unlike their Miami counterparts, they’d welcome Cuban diplomats in their city.
Arriola and Levine met here in Havana on Wednesday with Gustavo Machín, Deputy Director General for the United States at the Cuban FM.
They said a possible solution would be to place the Cuban consulate in Miami-Dade County.
“It belongs in Miami-Dade County,” Arriola said, adding: “It needs to go where they’re going to serve the greatest number of people. Miami-Dade has by far the greatest number of Cubans in the country. The demand is going to be very high.”
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 12443
- today: 3338
- online: 232
- total: 7022188