Havana, April 1 (RHC)-- Cuban workers will dedicate May Day --International Workers' Day-- to Revolution leader Fidel Castro on his 90th birthday.
As is traditional, workers and students will stage marches in the main plazas and squares across the country, to reaffirm their support for their revolution and the ongoing social and economic transformations taking place in Cuba.
Granma newspaper published on Friday the official call by leaders of the Confederation of Cuban Workers (CTC) on all workers to celebrate May Day with the slogan "For Cuba: Unity and Commitment."
During the patriotic activities, Cubans will also demand the lifting of the US economic, commercial and financial blockade of their nation, as well as the return of that portion of Cuban territory in Guantanamo illegally occupied by the U.S. Naval Base.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2207
- online: 214
- total: 4089407