Havana, April 11 (RHC)-- The 2nd International Friendship Meeting held sessions over the weekend in the Cuban capital with the participation of Cuban university students and over one hundred young people from Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, who are studying on Cuban scholarships. Participants dedicated the meeting to the 90th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro.
Addressing delegates, Ismael Oumarou Issaka, a leader of the Federation of University Students (FEU), described Fidel as the main promoter of Cuba's internationalism and the country's cooperation programs with other peoples in need the world over.
Participants also expressed their solidarity with the peoples of Brazil and Venezuela, against ongoing destabilization plots to overthrow democratically elected governments.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3303
- today: 2336
- online: 117
- total: 5436238