Havana, April 11 (RHC)-- The 2nd International Friendship Meeting held sessions over the weekend in the Cuban capital with the participation of Cuban university students and over one hundred young people from Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, who are studying on Cuban scholarships. Participants dedicated the meeting to the 90th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro.
Addressing delegates, Ismael Oumarou Issaka, a leader of the Federation of University Students (FEU), described Fidel as the main promoter of Cuba's internationalism and the country's cooperation programs with other peoples in need the world over.
Participants also expressed their solidarity with the peoples of Brazil and Venezuela, against ongoing destabilization plots to overthrow democratically elected governments.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 2077
- online: 152
- total: 5251413