Havana, April 15(RHC)-- A delegation from the U.S. President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities (PCAH) will visit Cuba from April 18th through the 21st to exchange with representatives from Cuba's main cultural institutions and companies, according to the Cuban Culture Ministry.
A news release published in this morning's edition of Granma newspaper explains that the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities is an advisory committee to the White House on cultural issues. It works directly with the primary U.S. cultural agencies, as well as with other federal partners and the private sector, to address policy questions in the arts and humanities. Its main areas of focus are arts and humanities education, cultural exchange and creative economy.
During their stay in Cuba, the U.S. visitors will tour places in Havana linked to the country's rich cultural heritage.
The Ministry of Culture also expressed Cuba's interest in expanding and strengthening cultural exchange and cooperation with the United States and with all peoples the world over, as well as using culture as a bridge towards improving U.S.-Cuba relations.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 2169
- online: 144
- total: 4836822