Havana, December 18 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliamentary Deputy Jose Luis Toledo told the National Information Agency that all permanent Commissions of the National Assembly of Peoples Power are examining projects of great importance since they cover issues decisive to the lives of all Cubans.
Deputy Toledo, also Chairman of the Commission on Constitutional and Juridical Affairs, said the ten Permanent commissions deal with the economy, health, children and youth and National defense, among others subjects.
No commission is more important than others, since all of them cover issues vital to the progress of the nation. The commission he leads, dealing with Constitutional and Juridical Affairs, is entrusted with the primary control of constitutionality, meaning that it has to verify that all projects presented to the Assembly are tuned in to the Constitution of the Republic.
His commission, he said, numbers thirty legislators, but when in session it may receive other deputies who want to join in the review and discussion of affairs presented for Congressional approval.
One of the areas to be discussed in forthcoming sessions will be the upgrading and improving legal justice and the updating of the Penal Code, the high congressional official said.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2896
- online: 213
- total: 3836866