Pinar del Río, December 18 (RHC)-- Members of the 57th Contingent of the Nordic Brigade of Solidarity with Cuba, currently touring the island, paid a visit to the nation’s western most province, Pinar del Rio, known as the land of the best tobacco in the world.
The brigadistas toured the Special School for Blind and Visually Impaired Children, in the city of Pinar del Rio. They noted that the children attending the school receive there the same high quality education and all absolutely free, including meals, special medical care and any other expenses.
Some of the visitors commented that only a system deeply ingrained with respect for all human beings can unfold such a humane treatment for physically-challenged boys and girls.
Alexandra Zambrano, one of the Nordic visitors, said that in her home country, Sweden, information about Cuba is scarce, and joining the Nordic Brigade was the best way to see for herself the advances in social and economic projects on the Island.
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with foreign ministry officials
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Aragón Orchestra)
- U.S. Congressional Delegation Visits Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 282
- online: 133
- total: 4361764