Pinar del Río, December 18 (RHC)-- Members of the 57th Contingent of the Nordic Brigade of Solidarity with Cuba, currently touring the island, paid a visit to the nation’s western most province, Pinar del Rio, known as the land of the best tobacco in the world.
The brigadistas toured the Special School for Blind and Visually Impaired Children, in the city of Pinar del Rio. They noted that the children attending the school receive there the same high quality education and all absolutely free, including meals, special medical care and any other expenses.
Some of the visitors commented that only a system deeply ingrained with respect for all human beings can unfold such a humane treatment for physically-challenged boys and girls.
Alexandra Zambrano, one of the Nordic visitors, said that in her home country, Sweden, information about Cuba is scarce, and joining the Nordic Brigade was the best way to see for herself the advances in social and economic projects on the Island.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 1524
- online: 125
- total: 4839968