Havana, April 21 (RHC)-- President Raúl Castro has sent a message of condolences to Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, in the wake of the death and severe devastation caused to the Asian country by a series of earthquakes over the weekend.
In the message, on behalf of the Cuban government and people, President Raúl expresses condolences and sympathy to the people and government of Japan, and especially to the quakes victims and their families.
The latest seismic events in Japan, including more than 250 aftershocks over the past 72 hours, have so far caused 50 deaths, injuries to thousands of people and the evacuation of nearly 250,000 others.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 3264
- online: 108
- total: 4833998