Havana, April 21 (RHC)-- President Raúl Castro has sent a message of condolences to Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, in the wake of the death and severe devastation caused to the Asian country by a series of earthquakes over the weekend.
In the message, on behalf of the Cuban government and people, President Raúl expresses condolences and sympathy to the people and government of Japan, and especially to the quakes victims and their families.
The latest seismic events in Japan, including more than 250 aftershocks over the past 72 hours, have so far caused 50 deaths, injuries to thousands of people and the evacuation of nearly 250,000 others.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5523
- today: 2320
- online: 189
- total: 6643678