Panama City, April 22 (RHC)-- Former Panamanian Foreign Minister Jorge Eduardo Ritter has said the current migratory crisis in Panama is a direct result of Washington's policy towards Cuba.
Ritter recalled that under current U.S. legislation, any Cuban citizen who arrives in the United States through irregular means is granted U.S. residence and other special benefits.
The Panamanian political analyst warned that the crisis will persist for as long as the arbitrary policy remains in place and urged Washington to work out a negotiated, diplomatic solution with all the countries involved.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2745
- online: 220
- total: 4085468