Panama City, April 22 (RHC)-- Former Panamanian Foreign Minister Jorge Eduardo Ritter has said the current migratory crisis in Panama is a direct result of Washington's policy towards Cuba.
Ritter recalled that under current U.S. legislation, any Cuban citizen who arrives in the United States through irregular means is granted U.S. residence and other special benefits.
The Panamanian political analyst warned that the crisis will persist for as long as the arbitrary policy remains in place and urged Washington to work out a negotiated, diplomatic solution with all the countries involved.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 1237
- online: 158
- total: 3854061