Havana, April 22 (RHC)-- David Skorton, Secretary of the Smithsonian Institute of the United States, described as 'significant and memorable' the just concluded visit to Cuba by a 72 strong delegation from the U.S. President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities.
In statements to reporters in Havana Thursday, shortly before concluding the visit, Skorton said the visit served as a wonderful opportunity to meet and exchange with many talented Cuban artists, musicians and actors, and to learn first hand about Cuba's rich cultural heritage.
During their stay, the U.S. visitors met with Cuban cultural authorities, with whom they agreed that Cuba will be the guest country of the next edition of the Folklife Festival, which the Smithsonian Institute organizes every year in Washington D.C.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2643
- online: 197
- total: 3859504