Havana, April 22 (RHC)—The Cuban government announced today the enactment of new migratory measures regarding sea entry and exit by Cuban citizens.
The new regulations will enter into force beginning April 26th and allow Cubans to depart and arrive by sea, either as passengers or as crewmembers on merchant boats or cruise liners. They clear the way for cruise liner companies in the U.S. to sail with unrestricted passenger booking to Cuba.
The new regulations mean a de facto end to a prohibition that kept Cubans from using boats to leave and enter the country, associated to a long history of terrorist actions, sabotages and attacks by sea coming from Florida and involving Cuban-born persons.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4048
- today: 667
- online: 163
- total: 4241956