Kiev, April 23 (RHC/PL)-- In Kiev, the Ukrainian capital, Cuba‘s assistance in alleviating the effects of the Chernobyl nuclear accident was recognized on Friday, 30 years after that catastrophe.
Solidarity with Cuba activists who gathered to thank Cuba for its assistance spoke highly of the island’s contribution with medical attention to Chernobyl children and youngsters, who traveled to the Havana for recovery.
More than 24,000 Ukrainians, of them over 20,000 children, were treated in Cuba, where special facilities were set up. The Cuban Chernobyl Children Medical Program was free of charge for the victims and extended over 21 years.
Yulia Palamarchuk, president of a non-governmental organization that follows the case of children affected by that nuclear accident, described Cuba’s treatment program for the Chernobyl children as a true show of friendship and disinterested help.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 829
- online: 241
- total: 3834799