Havana, May 16 (RHC)-- The 3rd Meeting of the U.S.-Cuba Bilateral Commission held a closed-door session in Havana on Monday to review implementation of agreements agreed upon at the previous such meeting, as well as progress achieved in the ongoing process towards the normalization of bilateral ties.
Official delegations from the two countries were to define joint actions throughout the rest of 2016 to advance bilateral relations. These include technical meetings, the signing of cooperation agreements in areas of common interest, dialogue on bilateral and multi-lateral issues and the planning of high-level U.S. visits here and vise versa.
Sources close to the meeting say that the Cuban delegation reiterated that in order to have normal relations with Cuba, the United States must lift its over 50 year-old blockade against the Caribbean state, return he portion of Cuban territory illegally occupied by the U.S. Naval Base at Guantánamo and put an end to all subversive plans and programs seeking to promote regime change in Cuba.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2868
- online: 203
- total: 3836838