Holguin, May 17 (RHC)-- The 12th Cuba-Solar International Workshop, sponsored by the Cuban Society for the Promotion of Renewable Energy, got underway on Tuesday at the resort of Guardalavaca, located in Holguin province.
Arianna Rodriguez, communications specialist with the delegation of Science, Technology and the Environment, said the main purpose of the event is to provide a space for dialogue that promotes the conscious building of a sustainable energy system in today's society.
The expert said that among the main themes to be developed are those related to food sovereignty, the need use of renewable energy sources, water supplies and the need to create local development initiatives.
The workshop in Holguin will gather 20 representatives from all Cuban provinces as well as delegates from other countries.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3811
- today: 2450
- online: 126
- total: 6139778