Holguin, May 17 (RHC)-- The 12th Cuba-Solar International Workshop, sponsored by the Cuban Society for the Promotion of Renewable Energy, got underway on Tuesday at the resort of Guardalavaca, located in Holguin province.
Arianna Rodriguez, communications specialist with the delegation of Science, Technology and the Environment, said the main purpose of the event is to provide a space for dialogue that promotes the conscious building of a sustainable energy system in today's society.
The expert said that among the main themes to be developed are those related to food sovereignty, the need use of renewable energy sources, water supplies and the need to create local development initiatives.
The workshop in Holguin will gather 20 representatives from all Cuban provinces as well as delegates from other countries.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 828
- online: 118
- total: 5854175