Havana, May 17 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo met in Havana on Monday with a visiting delegation from the National People's Congress (NPC) of the People's Republic of China, headed by Fu Ying, Chairwoman of the Legislative Foreign Affairs Committee.
During the exchange, the two sides reviewed the structure and functioning of both countries' legislatures, as well as other bilateral and multi-lateral issues of common interest, among them foreign investment and economic relations.
The Cuban top lawmaker briefed the Chinese visitors on the ongoing process to update the Cuban economic model, insisting the Washington's over 50 year-old blockade policy constitutes the main obstacle to Cuba's development.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3450
- today: 3259
- online: 151
- total: 5759083