Havana, May 17 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo met in Havana on Monday with a visiting delegation from the National People's Congress (NPC) of the People's Republic of China, headed by Fu Ying, Chairwoman of the Legislative Foreign Affairs Committee.
During the exchange, the two sides reviewed the structure and functioning of both countries' legislatures, as well as other bilateral and multi-lateral issues of common interest, among them foreign investment and economic relations.
The Cuban top lawmaker briefed the Chinese visitors on the ongoing process to update the Cuban economic model, insisting the Washington's over 50 year-old blockade policy constitutes the main obstacle to Cuba's development.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 1851
- online: 151
- total: 6619948