Havana, May 17 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo met in Havana on Monday with a visiting delegation from the National People's Congress (NPC) of the People's Republic of China, headed by Fu Ying, Chairwoman of the Legislative Foreign Affairs Committee.
During the exchange, the two sides reviewed the structure and functioning of both countries' legislatures, as well as other bilateral and multi-lateral issues of common interest, among them foreign investment and economic relations.
The Cuban top lawmaker briefed the Chinese visitors on the ongoing process to update the Cuban economic model, insisting the Washington's over 50 year-old blockade policy constitutes the main obstacle to Cuba's development.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2698
- today: 2409
- online: 47
- total: 4924181