Roseau, May 23 (RHC)-- The Education Minister of Dominica, Peter Saint-Jean, had words of praise for Cuba and its work as a true partner in the development of his nation.
Peter Sain-Jean made the remarks at a ceremony held at the Government House on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of diplomatic relations Dominica and Cuba.
The education minister of the small Caribbean island pointed to the educational opportunities that Cuba offers to young people of his country. And he noted that the Cuban government provided a number of programs such as Operation Miracle -- an initiative created by the leaders of Cuba and Venezuela, Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez -- which have transformed the lives of many poor people.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 2186
- online: 140
- total: 4376308