Havana, May 23 (RHC)-- Monsignor Juan de la Caridad García Rodríguez, has assumed as the new Archbishop of Havana. The ceremony took place Sunday at the Havana Cathedral, attended by Cuban government and Communist Party leaders.
As part of the ritual, Cardinal Jaime Ortega received Monsignor Juan and accompanied him inside the temple for the mass.
During the homily, Monsignor Juan praised the work carried out by his predecessor, Jaime Ortega, and thanked Cuban authorities for their support. He promised to continue on with the work begun by Cardinal Ortega, towards further strengthening dialogue and cooperation between the Cuban government and the Catholic Church.
Pope Francis appointed Juan de la Caridad García Rodríguez as the new Archbishop of Havana on April 26th, 2016, after accepting the resignation of Cardinal Jaime Ortega due to advanced age.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2558
- online: 192
- total: 3855382