Havana, May 30 (RHC)-- Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium, Didier Reynders, has begun an official visit to Cuba, aimed at strengthening bilateral ties.
Reynders, who is also Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Affairs of Belgium, held talks in Havana Monday morning with his Cuban counterpart, Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez. He is also scheduled to meet with Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas.
The distinguished Belgian official will present Havana's Historian Dr. Eusebio Leal with the Knight of the Order of Leopold Medal --one of the three current Belgian honorary orders of knighthood. He is also to attend the inauguration of an 'Art Nouveau' exhibition.
Cuba and Belgium have maintained uninterrupted relations since August 18th, 1902.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 1812
- online: 174
- total: 6652877