Havana, May 30 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice-President Miguel Diaz-Canel has wrapped up a five-day official visit to Russia.
On Monday, the last day of his visit, Diaz-Canel toured the Pushkin State Russian Language Institute, where a group of Cuban students are being trained.
The institution said that it will increase its quota of scholarships for Cubans. Dean Margarita Ruisetskaya also announced plans to open a Russian language faculty at the University of Havana.
After his visit to the higher education institution Diaz-Canel held a working meeting with the staff at the Cuban embassy in Moscow.
He arrived in Russia on May 25th from Belarus. The aim of the visit was to assess the current state of the political, economic and trade relations between Cuba and Russia.
During his visit, the Cuban first vice president and his delegation held meetings with President Vladimir Putin, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and with other high ranking officials of the Russian State and Government.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 2531
- online: 98
- total: 5855878