Paris, June 1 (RHC-PL) -- French President Francois Hollande reiterated Tuesday his position in favor of ending the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States against Cuba for over half a century.
During a reception at the Elysée Palace on the occasion of Latin America and the Caribbean Week in France, he said that he will continue to call for the lifting of the US unilateral blockade. It is time to lift it definitely, he added.
Hollande recalled his official visit to Cuba in May 2015 and Cuban President Raul Castro's the state visit to France in February 2016, where they agreed to strengthen the bilateral ties.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3743
- today: 2105
- online: 118
- total: 6066926