Paris, June 1 (RHC-PL) -- French President Francois Hollande reiterated Tuesday his position in favor of ending the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States against Cuba for over half a century.
During a reception at the Elysée Palace on the occasion of Latin America and the Caribbean Week in France, he said that he will continue to call for the lifting of the US unilateral blockade. It is time to lift it definitely, he added.
Hollande recalled his official visit to Cuba in May 2015 and Cuban President Raul Castro's the state visit to France in February 2016, where they agreed to strengthen the bilateral ties.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 2683
- online: 148
- total: 6648724