Havana, June 1 (RHC)-- Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas received the governor of the U.S. state of Missouri, Jay Nixon, who concludes an official visit to Cuba on Wednesday.
During the meeting, the two sides exchanged on business and investment opportunities. The U.S. governor pointed to a growing interest on the part of the entrepreneurial sector in Missouri in strengthening trade with Cuba, although he admitted that the persistent U.S. blockade policy towards the Caribbean state is an obstacle to solid economic and trade ties.
During his stay, the governor of Missouri held talks with Ministers for Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca Díaz, and of Agriculture Gustavo Rodríguez Rollero, and toured the Mariel Special Development Zone.
In statements to reporters, the U.S. politician said the Cuban people are very well educated and advocated also strengthened exchanges in the academic, cultural and sports fields.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 2778
- online: 89
- total: 4380764