Havana, June 1 (RHC)-- Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas received the governor of the U.S. state of Missouri, Jay Nixon, who concludes an official visit to Cuba on Wednesday.
During the meeting, the two sides exchanged on business and investment opportunities. The U.S. governor pointed to a growing interest on the part of the entrepreneurial sector in Missouri in strengthening trade with Cuba, although he admitted that the persistent U.S. blockade policy towards the Caribbean state is an obstacle to solid economic and trade ties.
During his stay, the governor of Missouri held talks with Ministers for Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca Díaz, and of Agriculture Gustavo Rodríguez Rollero, and toured the Mariel Special Development Zone.
In statements to reporters, the U.S. politician said the Cuban people are very well educated and advocated also strengthened exchanges in the academic, cultural and sports fields.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2736
- online: 224
- total: 4085459