Des Moines, June 4 (RHC) -- Escorted by his counterpart Tom Vilsack, Cuban Agriculture Minister Gustavo Rodriguez Rollero toured on Friday farming projects in Iowa.
Vilsack and Rollero made stops at DuPont Pioneer, an organic farm, Iowa State University, and a renewable fuels plant.
Speaking to the media in Iowa, the U.S. Agriculture secretary said there is a good opportunity for the two countries to develop a solid relationship, especially in agriculture.
The visiting Cuban minister noted there is a lot that can be learned from each other, and said he hoped a memorandum of understanding currently in place will bring cooperation in areas such as education, technology, research, genetics, science, water resources and climate change.
U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack noted he visited Cuba recently and said he was “optimistic and hopeful” about the U.S. blockade against Cuba being lifted by Congress.
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Cuba's new president ratifies continuity of revolutionary process begun in 1959
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4081
- today: 1547
- online: 124
- total: 4595854