Geneva, June 9 (RHC)-- The Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi will pay a working visit to Cuba from June 18th through the 21st.
The website of the Cuban Foreign Ministry reports that the UN senior official met with Cuban representative before the Geneva-based UN agencies Anayansi Rodriguez to exchange views on the upcoming visit, the work program and the foreseeable results.
The exchange also served to discuss cooperation between Cuba and the intergovernmental body, whose main goals are to maximize the trade, investment and development opportunities of developing countries and assist them in their efforts to integrate into the world economy on an equitable basis.
The Cuban diplomat took the opportunity to thank the UN body for its traditional support for the Cuban cause against the U.S. blockade policy.
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- President Díaz-Canel says Cubans respond to Trump with peace and supporting their new Constitution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3697
- today: 1652
- online: 142
- total: 5662362