Geneva, June 9 (RHC)-- The Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi will pay a working visit to Cuba from June 18th through the 21st.
The website of the Cuban Foreign Ministry reports that the UN senior official met with Cuban representative before the Geneva-based UN agencies Anayansi Rodriguez to exchange views on the upcoming visit, the work program and the foreseeable results.
The exchange also served to discuss cooperation between Cuba and the intergovernmental body, whose main goals are to maximize the trade, investment and development opportunities of developing countries and assist them in their efforts to integrate into the world economy on an equitable basis.
The Cuban diplomat took the opportunity to thank the UN body for its traditional support for the Cuban cause against the U.S. blockade policy.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2318
- today: 2206
- online: 107
- total: 5868927