Cuban sexologist Mariela Castro
New York, June 10 (RHC-ACN) – Cuban sexologist Mariela Castro has declared in New York that the US economic, commercial and financial blockade hinders Cuba's efforts to prevent and confront HIV/Aids.
Addressing a high level UN meeting on the issue, Castro, who is the Director of the National Sex Education Center, pointed out that the over 50 year old blockade makes Cuba's fight against the epidemic far more expensive.
The Cuban expert called on UN member states to step up their demands for the lifting of Washington's unilateral sanctions against Cuba, which remain fully in place despite the reestablishment of diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba.
Mariela Castro, who is also a Cuban parliamentarian, confirmed Cuba's political commitment to work hard towards fulfilling the WHO goal of eradicating HIV-AIDS by the year 2030.
She added that Cuba has had good results in the fight against HIV/Aids so far, as recognized and acknowledged by other governments, international entities and the WHO itself. She noted that the Caribbean country has the capacity to advance even further.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 1814
- online: 167
- total: 4089014