Villa Clara, June 14 (RHC)-- Residents of central Villa Clara province paid tribute to Cuban independence hero Antonio Maceo and Argentinean-Cuban legendary guerrilla commander Ernesto Guevara de la Serna 'Che' --two of the most-loved figures in Cuban history- on occasion of their birthday anniversary on June 14th.
Commemorative activities began in the early morning hours on Tuesday at the monument dedicated to Antonio Maceo, also called the Bronze Titan, who was a general of the Cuban mambi army in the 19th century war of independence against Spanish colonialism.
Activities continued at the sculpture complex that where the mortal remains of Che and those of his comrades-in-arms are kept. It included the opening of the exhibit 'Che among US, Influence and Legacy', comprising photos, images and documents from Che's presence in Uruguay.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 621
- online: 166
- total: 4083344