Villa Clara, June 14 (RHC)-- Residents of central Villa Clara province paid tribute to Cuban independence hero Antonio Maceo and Argentinean-Cuban legendary guerrilla commander Ernesto Guevara de la Serna 'Che' --two of the most-loved figures in Cuban history- on occasion of their birthday anniversary on June 14th.
Commemorative activities began in the early morning hours on Tuesday at the monument dedicated to Antonio Maceo, also called the Bronze Titan, who was a general of the Cuban mambi army in the 19th century war of independence against Spanish colonialism.
Activities continued at the sculpture complex that where the mortal remains of Che and those of his comrades-in-arms are kept. It included the opening of the exhibit 'Che among US, Influence and Legacy', comprising photos, images and documents from Che's presence in Uruguay.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4302
- today: 4142
- online: 186
- total: 6751523