Caracas, June 16 (RHC)-- Venezuelan Minister of Foreign Trade Jesús Faría announced Wednesday that his country and Cuba will increase investment in tourism, the oil, iron and steel industries, among other sectors.
Minister Faría participated Wednesday in an economic forum with Cuban representatives and more than 150 Venezuelan business executives. Also attending was the President of the Central Bank of Venezuela, Nelson Merentes.
Speaking to Prensa Latina at Venezuela’s Central Bank, Minister Faría noted that the historic cooperation between the two countries ensured the future of Venezuelan investments in Cuba, as well as the export of Venezuelan-produced supplies for Cuba's fast-growing tourism sector.
On the Cuban side, Deputy Minister of Foreign Trade Roberto López gave a detailed explanation of the investment projects – totaling more than 300 – in which Cuba is seeking foreign partners. He pointed to the Mariel Special Development Zone, currently Cuba's largest construction and investment opportunity.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6007
- today: 1143
- online: 160
- total: 8261527