Havana, June 21 (RHC)-- Russia featured prominently on the second day of Havana's International Industrial Fair and Convention 'Cubaindustria 2016'.
The Eurasian nation is the guest country of honor at this year's event, given the strong participation of Russian firms in upgrading and modernizing Cuba's industrial sector.
Activities included a business forum with the participation of Cuban and Russian entrepreneurs, the signing of various letters of intent, a fashion show and an exhibit of traditional Russian art.
Also on Tuesday, Havana's Convention Center hosted a conference on the role Russian universities have played in the training of Cuban steel industry professionals and workers, particularly the personnel of Cuba's Antillana de Acero Steel Production Complex –the largest of its kind in the country-- to increase the entity's capabilities.
During Monday's opening of the industrial fair and convention, Cuba reaffirmed its vision of sustainable, rational industry that contributes to the country's economic development.
The event, which runs through Friday with parallel activities at Havana's Convention Center and the nearby Pabexpo fairgrounds, has the participation of some 600 delegates from 29 countries and 1,600 representatives from Cuban entities.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 1874
- online: 135
- total: 5945640