Cuban Vice President Ramiro Valdes
Havana, July 2 (GRANMA/RHC)--Cuban Vice President Ramiro Valdes reviewed progress in the construction of the mining project at Castellanos, in western Pinar del Rio province, considered to be Cuba's largest mining investment.
Valdes toured the site and met with representatives of the Minera del Caribe joint venture, entrusted with the work, in which Cuba is investing more than 270 million dollars, destined for the production of lead and zinc concentrates.
National director for mining Juan Ruiz said that civil construction work at the facility is over 50 percent complete and that conditions exist for the project to be timely concluded in one year. He explained that more than 700 people currently work on the project, in shifts around the clock.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2209
- online: 217
- total: 4089409