Havana, July 4 (RHC)-- The Eighth Session of the National Assembly of People's Power (Parliament) of Cuba began its seventh regular session today in Havana, focused primarily on the progress of the economy.
Gathered in the 10 working committees or permanent work groups of the legislative body, the 612 deputies will also discuss the implementation of the guidelines of Economic and Social Policy of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC), approved in 2011, and documents from the 7th Party Congress, held last April in Havana.
Prensa Latina news agency reports that members of the National Assembly of People's Power will analyze and discuss the draft opinion on the report submitted by the Ministry of Finance and Prices on the Settlement of the State Budget 2015, and compliance with the plan of the national economy during the first half of 2016.
Other matters that will be discussed are public services and confronting crimes, illegalities and social indiscipline.
Members of the Cuban parliament are meeting through Wednesday in working groups, and will culminate with a plenary session of the National Assembly of People's Power on Friday, July 8th.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 1940
- online: 156
- total: 4372265