Havana, July 4 (RHC)-- The Eighth Session of the National Assembly of People's Power (Parliament) of Cuba began its seventh regular session today in Havana, focused primarily on the progress of the economy.
Gathered in the 10 working committees or permanent work groups of the legislative body, the 612 deputies will also discuss the implementation of the guidelines of Economic and Social Policy of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC), approved in 2011, and documents from the 7th Party Congress, held last April in Havana.
Prensa Latina news agency reports that members of the National Assembly of People's Power will analyze and discuss the draft opinion on the report submitted by the Ministry of Finance and Prices on the Settlement of the State Budget 2015, and compliance with the plan of the national economy during the first half of 2016.
Other matters that will be discussed are public services and confronting crimes, illegalities and social indiscipline.
Members of the Cuban parliament are meeting through Wednesday in working groups, and will culminate with a plenary session of the National Assembly of People's Power on Friday, July 8th.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 3467
- online: 217
- total: 4081948