Havana, December 27 (RHC) Cuba is giving new thrust to the development of photovoltaic energy generation systems as part of efforts to cut burning of fossil fuels and reduce the contamination of the environment.
Six new photovoltaic energy generation parks are currently under construction in six provinces and the Isle of Youth, said a Cuban Television report that quoted a Cuban Government official.
The Cuban provinces benefited by the new installations are Guantanamo, Santiago de Cuba, Camaguey, Villa Clara, Cienfuegos and Havana, as well as the Isle of Youth, to the South of the main island of Cuba.
This year now closing was pivotal in the development of clean energy as national authorities decided to support the expansion of photovoltaic generation parks. Many of the generating cells are now produced in Cuba.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 2789
- online: 124
- total: 4841233