Havana, December 27 (RHC) Cuba is giving new thrust to the development of photovoltaic energy generation systems as part of efforts to cut burning of fossil fuels and reduce the contamination of the environment.
Six new photovoltaic energy generation parks are currently under construction in six provinces and the Isle of Youth, said a Cuban Television report that quoted a Cuban Government official.
The Cuban provinces benefited by the new installations are Guantanamo, Santiago de Cuba, Camaguey, Villa Clara, Cienfuegos and Havana, as well as the Isle of Youth, to the South of the main island of Cuba.
This year now closing was pivotal in the development of clean energy as national authorities decided to support the expansion of photovoltaic generation parks. Many of the generating cells are now produced in Cuba.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 1927
- online: 170
- total: 3854751