Havana, December 4 (RHC)-- The Ninth Congress of Microbiology and Parasitology began Monday in Cuba with delgates from more than 150 nations.
The participanting scientists are paying tribute to the 80th anniversary of the Pedro Kouri Institute of Tropical Medicine, the institution dedicated to the study of infectious diseases.
Convened at Havana's International Convention Center, a seminar on HIV infection is being held at the same time as debates are taking place at the Congress.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 2428
- online: 127
- total: 5043592