Havana, September 19 (RHC)-- The 28th International Congress of the Italian-Latin American Society of Ethnomedicine (SILAE 2019) is holding sessions in the Cuban capital with the participation of delegates from some 30 countries.
In statements to the press, Rodolfo Arencibia, president of the National Technical Group on Medicinal Plants and of the organizing committee, stated that the event gathers prestigious Cuban and foreign experts, who will give keynote conferences and develop symposiums and workshops on priority issues related to the specialty.
Under the slogan "Science and Nature for Life," the meeting aims to share the experiences and latest achievements in the development of medicinal plants, based on strategies of the World Health Organization and the International Fund for Agricultural Development.
A parallel event, the exhibition fair Natural 2019 was inaugurated, featuring 35 stands that exhibit new products, services, technologies, and projects associated with issues being dealt with at the Havana Congress.
Issues under discussion include the strategy of the Cuban Ministry of Agriculture for the development of medicinal plants; the use of natural medicine and other traditional alternative medicine in today’s world; registry and regulatory standards, clinical tests with phytomedicines and new design requirements; and BioCubaFarma’s strategy for the development of natural products.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4844
- today: 4030
- online: 145
- total: 6756255