Havana, October 4 (RHC-ACN)-- Cuba’s minister of public health José Angel Portal met in Havana with Kyaw Tint Swe, Union Minister for the Office of the State Counselor and special envoy of the Government of Myanmar.
The website of the Cuban health ministry (MINSAP) reports that Swe is in Cuba, with a large delegation, to officially announce the opening of his country’s diplomatic mission in Havana.
In this context, the Myanmar official voiced his country’s interest in establishing bilateral cooperation relations in the health sector.
The top Cuban health official pointed to such areas as academic services, and the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry.
Meanwhile, the special envoy affirmed that his country has "much to learn from the Cuban experience" and described the Cuban health system as one of the best in the world.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3579
- today: 3379
- online: 162
- total: 6508899