The General Director of the World Health Organization (WHO) Margaret Chan praised Cuba's health cooperation with other development countries, particularly Cuba's contribution to the fight against Ebola in West Africa.
During a meeting in Geneva with Cuban Health Minister Roberto Morales, Chan also expressed her profound admiration for the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution Fidel Castro and Cuban President Raul Castro.
The meeting took place in the framework of the 68th World Health Assembly, which opened in Geneva in May 18th and runs through the 26th. The top Cuban health official reiterated Cuba's willingness and readiness to collaborate with the World Health Organization in confronting any future health emergency situation or epidemic outbreak anywhere in the world.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 35
- online: 35
- total: 4942879