Havana, December 4 (RHC)-- Cuba celebrated the Day of Latin American Medicine on Tuesday with the country reporting the lowest infant mortality rate in its history, according to Health Minister Roberto Morales.
Doctor Morales said in statements to local television that the country registered a 4.2 infant mortality rate, an indicator keeping stable in all Cuban provinces within a range going from 3 to 5.5 percent, a result which proves the sustainable work underway in the Cuban health sector.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 2778
- online: 127
- total: 4833512