Words of advice for our listeners who may be planning a trip to Cuba for the first time. The high seasons for Cuba tourism are from mid-November to mid-March and in July and August. Prices for hotels, flights, and other expenses are higher during peak times.
If you are looking to explore the fabulous sierras, which I love doing, you may want to consider a visit during the winter months. Be sure to pack some cold-weather clothing as well as beach attire, though. Temperatures can be quite cool in the mountains in January and February.
One good idea for people interested in Cuba tourism is to plan a trip to Cuba to coincide with one of the annual festivals or events. For example, The way of the cross procession on March 20th every year, makes for a good time to visit Trinidad. This celebration of Cuban traditions takes place in the historic colonial town and the way of the cross procession winds through the cobbled streets, past centuries’ old churches and buildings. Great photography!
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 1746
- online: 153
- total: 5039276