Words of advice for our listeners who may be planning a trip to Cuba for the first time. The high seasons for Cuba tourism are from mid-November to mid-March and in July and August. Prices for hotels, flights, and other expenses are higher during peak times.
If you are looking to explore the fabulous sierras, which I love doing, you may want to consider a visit during the winter months. Be sure to pack some cold-weather clothing as well as beach attire, though. Temperatures can be quite cool in the mountains in January and February.
One good idea for people interested in Cuba tourism is to plan a trip to Cuba to coincide with one of the annual festivals or events. For example, The way of the cross procession on March 20th every year, makes for a good time to visit Trinidad. This celebration of Cuban traditions takes place in the historic colonial town and the way of the cross procession winds through the cobbled streets, past centuries’ old churches and buildings. Great photography!
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Cuba's new president ratifies continuity of revolutionary process begun in 1959
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4081
- today: 746
- online: 135
- total: 4595053