2012 National Fine Arts Award winner, Cuban painter Ever Fonseca and his band are set to be on a tour of the island to let audiences know about his poetic and musical skills.
The renowned Cuban artist will take the opportunity to show a sample of his paintings and sing with his band tunes of his repertoire.
Fonseca’s work is marked by a wide variety of awards, numerous personal and collective exhibitions in Cuba and more than 25 countries and his frequent attendance to international and national events.
The artist has said that the tour, which will include Cuban music genre like “son”, “sucu sucu” and “punto güajiro”, could be in July or August. His music is basically linked to issues such as nature and love. Fonseca is set to perform during the Havana Cigar Festival in Havana from February 24th through 28th.
Ever Fonseca, graduated from the National Art School, also has a 20-year-long career as a teacher and professor in the three levels of fine art education in Cuba.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Bolivia denounces 36 more involved in 2019 coup against Evo Morales
- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel speaks at the commemoration of the start of Mexico's war of independence
- North Africa COVID cases plummeting after summer spike
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao to run for president of the Philippines in 2022
- Cuba will seek recognition of its anti-viral vaccines at WHO on Thursday