The Vietnamese Theater Company Thang Long Water Marionettes is back in Havana for performances at the Cuban National Circus Carpa Trompoloco this weekend, Monday and Tuesday.
This uniquely traditional Vietnamese art form emerged in the 9th century during festivities in the Red River mouth areas, and is recognized as one of the Asian nation’s cultural heritage expressions. The company had successful presentations two years ago in Havana at the same site, where a water pool is the stage and, hidden from viewers, the artists make the marionettes perform by using rods.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Cuba has a drug against Alzheimer's disease
- J&J spinoff company faces talcum powder cancer lawsuits
- Ed Snowden says: If you love truth, you're as much of a criminal as Julian Assange
- UN chief warns world on one way ticket to disaster over climate
- Nicaragua receives 1.2 million Cuban anticoviral vaccines