The Vietnamese Theater Company Thang Long Water Marionettes is back in Havana for performances at the Cuban National Circus Carpa Trompoloco this weekend, Monday and Tuesday.
This uniquely traditional Vietnamese art form emerged in the 9th century during festivities in the Red River mouth areas, and is recognized as one of the Asian nation’s cultural heritage expressions. The company had successful presentations two years ago in Havana at the same site, where a water pool is the stage and, hidden from viewers, the artists make the marionettes perform by using rods.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Gustavo Petro and Francia Márquez close campaign with massive rally in Bogota
- Peru sues Repsol for 4 billion 500 million dollars for oil spill
- Spirit Airlines again rejects JetBlue’s bid
- Outstanding Cuban intellectual Esteban Morales passes away
- Aldofo Perez Esquivel calls on UK to stop extradition of Julian Assange to U.S.