The Vietnamese Theater Company Thang Long Water Marionettes is back in Havana for performances at the Cuban National Circus Carpa Trompoloco this weekend, Monday and Tuesday.
This uniquely traditional Vietnamese art form emerged in the 9th century during festivities in the Red River mouth areas, and is recognized as one of the Asian nation’s cultural heritage expressions. The company had successful presentations two years ago in Havana at the same site, where a water pool is the stage and, hidden from viewers, the artists make the marionettes perform by using rods.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Vaccine shortages hit poor countries as global deliveries stall
- Peruvian presidential run-off elections will take place in June
- Former president of Burkina Faso charged in Thomas Sankara murder
- Council of State approves decree-laws on telecommunications, state enterprises, and social security
- Ecuador goes to the polls to elect new president and vice president